The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation requires employers that have an employee claim within the “green year period” to have managers take 2 hours of safety training.
What is the “green year period?”
This term is used for the time period when an employer has experienced a workers’ compensation claim. This month’s training deadline is specifically for any workers’ compensation claims that occurred during the time between July 1, 2019, to September 30, 2020.
What’s the deadline?
The deadline for private employers is fast approaching.
- Managers for private employers must complete the training from July 1-June 30.
- Managers for public employers must complete the training from January 1-December 31.
The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation has approved 6 KPA courses as meeting the above requirements. Those include:
- Eye and Face Protection for Management, 30 minutes
- Fire Prevention, 15-20 minutes
- Hazard Communication for Managers, 10-15 minutes
- Planning for Workplace Emergencies, 15-20 minutes
- Personal Protective Equipment for Management, 45 minutes
- Supervisor and Manager Safety: Incident Investigations, 15 minutes
These courses must be taken consecutively, on the same day. If you’ve already taken one of these compliance trainings, you will need to retake it.
KPA Is Here to Help
With an extensive library of on-site and online compliance training courses, you can be rest assured that you will be able to complete these requirements. You’ll also have access to even more resources and software that will help you manage how to keep your employees and workplace safe.
Contact us to find out more.